For Rick and the team at Financial Independence, nothing is more important than providing our clients an exceptional experience, one that is driven by a genuine concern for people and guided by a set of core values defining who we are.
Rick's desire to truly make a difference in people's lives grew from a successful, yet still unfulfilling, career in corporate finance where he came to realize that the culture and politics of that environment were just not for him. That was the genesis of Financial Independence and a premise that remains firmly entrenched today. It’s what guides how the business is run and the decisions we make – it is always what’s best for our clients.
We devote proper attention to your goals and help you develop a personalized plan that creates clarity, confidence and peace of mind. We leverage advanced technology to enhance our conversations and explore “what if” scenarios so you can see the causes and effects of your financial decisions. For baby boomers, we help them gain insight into
- Living well now and in the future, while sustaining their retirement assets in an age of longevity
- Making their money last by developing a comprehensive investment strategy and minimizing taxes
- Optimizing social security strategies to reduce the risk of running out of money
- Addressing the impact of rising healthcare costs and long term care events that can deplete assets
For our young, married clients, some of whom are the children of our older clients, it's about helping them
- Balance the demands of their careers, raising a family, and their various financial obligations, while at the same time
- Enjoy life today and save for college and retirement
A third group of clients who share a number of similarities are our "suddenly singles," or individuals who, whether through death, divorce, or relationship breakdown, find themselves disheartened and are
- Dealing with the emotional impact of their loss or separation
- Where applicable, carrying the additional angst of having relied on their partner or spouse to manage the finances
- Quite often vulnerable and in need of honest, professional guidance
We believe our clients want to enjoy and simplify their lives by delegating their financial matters to a competent and trustworthy professional, someone they know personally, and one whose attention is fueled by passion, not just a fiduciary obligation.